I would like to nominee a number of candidates for The MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD and thank Angela (The English Introvert) for suggesting my still tiny and young blog The RedBox.
Following the rules of the creator of The MYSTERY AWARD, Okoto Enigma, please find the requirements (including questionnaire, information about yourself etc.) and my response below.
THE “Mystery Blogger Award” RULES:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
THE CREATOR OF THE MYSTERY AWARD:
I would also like to thank Okoto Enigma, creator of “Mystery Blogger Award.” Okoto’s blog can be found here.
What Is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
MY THANK YOU NOTE:
I would like to thank Angela alias Athena Minerva author of the Blog: “English Introvert”
https://beyondtheenglishintrovert.com/ ….for nominating me and for number of as funny as inspiring chats.
THREE THINGS ABOUT MYSELF…?
- I am an instable simpleton (Weiss-Nix = Knows-Anything), who regards life as a candy shop or optionally as self-made hell on earth – and who is challenged with herself (yes, I am a female).
- I am many (personalities) …follow the link to the cartoon no. 17 “Who Are You?” in the chapter “My best posts” below.
- I am a wayfarer.
MY NOMINEES …OR BETTER: RECOMMENDED BLOGS
- John Spiers, “My Life with Gracie” https://mylifewithgracie.com/
- Balle, Balles World https://ballesworld.blog/
- Karmen Jurela – “Ich kreiere, also bin ich” https://ichkreierealsobinich.com/
- J. Walters, The Canadian Art Junkie https://canadianartjunkie.com/
- Helga Kleisny, Flug und Zeit https://flugundzeit.blog/
- Various Authors, Asia Dialogue http://theasiadialogue.com/
- Roland Risch, Rischs Blog https://rolandrisch2.com/
- Dina-Hanne Siebers, Klaus-Bernd Vollmar, Siri and Selma, The World According to Dina https://fabfourblog.com/
- Nina, Törtchen – Made in Berlin
- Biff, Biff Sock Pow https://biffsockpow.wordpress.com/
- Dwight, Roth Poetry https://rothpoetry.wordpress.com/
- Fay, Made by Fay https://madebyfay.wordpress.com/
- Mona, Abenteuer 50 https://abenteuer50.com/ueber-mich/
- The Travellothoner https://thetravellothoner.wordpress.com/
- Henry, My Quest Blog https://myquest.blog/
- Roland, Rolandomio Travel https://rolandomio.blog/
- Hildegard & various authors, The attitude blog https://attitudeblog.org/
All of you are awesome, also the authors I didn`t mention here just to stay within the scope of this post!
MY 5 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- Imagine you would be able to send a message to your-self back in time. What would you like to say to your self in the age of 16 years?
- What would you do if you had a sabbatical / gap year?
- What are you thankful for?
- What is your favorite movie/song/ book?
- Voilà,…the weird question: What has been the weirdest / funniest / most surprising gift you have ever received?
MY ANSWERS TO ANGELAS 5 QUESTIONS:
i) Why did you decide to start blogging in the first place?
I wanted to get an insight into social media platforms. Originally, I didn`t plan to run an own blog. My publications in The RedBox have been a kind of field test, firstly.
ii) Do you have a plan for your blog?
No…not really. But of course, I thought about the question if and how to continue my blog and how to set priorities. My blog TheRedBox actually reflects the very wide range of topics I am interested in, appreciate and like to share with others – hoping that the wordpress readers share my fascination and sense of humor. I came to the conclusion not to “feed” or satisfy the preferences of reader groups just in order to generate more followers and receive more likes. But actually, I enjoy feedback and an exchange of thoughts very much. Thus, it is my plan to be an engaged reader & commentator too. The RedBox is and will remain 100% non-commercial. To stay motivated, it might be better in my view to focus on your own interests and to enjoy the research for posts, the writing and the illustration of posts (I love eye-candy). Finally, I`d like to add that I surprisingly experienced another positive side effect of blogging. Due to the fact that I used to ask the international artists – I introduce in The RedBox – for their permission to use images of their art work, I had the opportunity to get to know a few artists.
iii)How much time do you devote to your blog?
Well, I spent a couple of weeks in hospital and utilized the time to fill my pipeline of posts that are scheduled for publication – complemented by spontaneous posts . Thus, I leave the impression of blogging frequently. I would estimate that I spend 5 – 6 hrs a week with blogging.
iv) What has made you happiest so far about your blog?
Nice conversations & interesting exchange of thoughts; the discovery of new, inspiring artists and of my capability to write Haikus and a couple of poems. If somebody likes my self-made cartoons, poems and Haikus, it is a nice compliment, of course.
v) What would you like to change/improve to make your blog better?
My English language skills could be better. I noticed that my non-business English vocabulary is limited. And maybe I`ll reduce the number of post per week…to give each post more room or time to be noticed.
FINALLY, A FEW EXAMPLES OF MY POSTS
The RedBox contains a wide range of in most cases bi-lingual (Engl. & German) posts covering e.g. poems, haiku, photography, paintings, sculptures, installations, cartoons, oddities, humor, nature, creatures, technology insights, politics & society, fashion, cooking & bakery, traveling and much more. I`ve created numbered series of posts to ease retrieval.
My “best” blogs???…difficult. The ones which have been most viewed or liked? Or the posts, I like most?
The most viewed post is actually one of my own cartoons No. 17: Who are you?…
Highly-ranked is also the introduction of the Portuguese photographer Henri Prestes, Tipp No. 99: “PERFECT DARKNESS & HAUNTING LANDSCAPES” – CINEMATIC PHOTOGRAPHY BY HENRI PRESTES (PORTUGAL)
Beyond my various Haikus with Cats (or humans?), the Haiku No. 116: “Sleeping Time” was much appreciated…
Cat Haiku example “Inventory Differences”:
Jaques Prevert`s poem “To paint the portrait of a bird” is still a favorite of mine…
Yes, of course…I am an animal lover. Thus, here is one charming example of the series “Beautiful Creatures – The Seal”…
I am also very much interested in new technologies. Therefore, I`d like to add at least one tiny post as example, although this category is less popular among the visitors of my blog The RedBox…“Babble-Fish Earbuds”
Finally, at least one of my political posts that enjoy the lowest level of attention to be honest…“Chinas Social Credit Blacklist 2018”